Monday, January 16, 2012

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate









Ok. just typed a long post and lost it! argh!


I'll skip the parts about the gym and a culinary disaster (for another day!) and just share my 6 point salted caramel hot chocolate with you. It was delicious and well worth the points, but you could easily cut back on some of the points if you had to. It is a decadent chocolatey treat however!


My hot chocolate mix (pictured above) worked out to 3 pts plus. Next I added salted caramel syrup (which I found at Winner's, but you can find them at any coffee supply store) for 1 pt. It's 3 points if you use 2 tbsps, but 1 tbsp is 1 and it's still a lot (you could cut back there). I used my milk frother and 1/2 c of skim b/t my dd13's mug and mine (so 1 point), and then a drizzle of caramel sauce for 1 point (the amount again was small in terms of allowed serving size). Finally, for the salt, I used my big chunky kosher salt.


and about the salt, and things that make you go "hmmmm" -at Starbucks they are always running out of this part of the drink. Why? I ask you? seems like the last thing they'd run out of?


and on a final sidenote, my fun mug was a Christmas gift from a friend. Anyone else love True Blood? :) Have a great week everybody!


-- Post From My iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate when that happens - you finish a post, hit publish, and it either vanishes into thin air, or half my content never shows up.

I make a skinny cafe mocha - Swiss Miss makes a diet hot cocoa mix - 25 calories - mixed with half hot water half hot coffee, then 2 tablespoons of whip cream - for a 45 calorie (I could one point) afternoon treat. :D

But that salted caramel sauce is screaming my name!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Wow, makes my teeth hurt just looking at that! :-) Dove Sea Salted caramels are my favorite thing in the whole world! (Well, almost!) Keep making healthy choices!

JanetM97 said...

Yes. Salted caramels- in liquid OR chewy form are my favourite, too! lol. Thanks for the comments, ladies! I'm going to try it with plain cocoa, too- as someone at my ww meeting suggested because it has zero points. I'll let you know if I come up with something good. :P