Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Samplings

Hey any readers I have left! Trying to start off the summer eating healthily with actual tracking going on.

This weekend I made some CL pesto from fresh basil, crepes also from the Cooking Light binder (filled with eggs ala Cora's and Greek yogurt and fruit.) and cedar plank salmon with a tossed salad with CL vinaigrette.


Holly A. said...

That crepe looks a-ma-zing! Care to share your recipe? Yummm!

JanetM97 said...

Thanks! The crepe recipe was from my Cooking Light binder. Usually I can find the same recipes on their site, but the one that came up with the search "basic crepes"

is slightly different. My binder one has the same flour (1 cup), a Tbsp of sugar, salt (1/4 tsp), and skim milk (1 and 1/2 cups) (instead of the 1 cup of 1% and the bit of water)and 2 eggs.

You mix the dry stuff with a whisk in a bowl. Whisk the milk and eggs in another bowl. (No blender for mine.) and then whisk all together. You then cover the batter and put it in the fridge for 15mins- not the hour the other suggests.

It's 3 points per crepe. 3 was 8 points plus. Guess how many I ate? ;)