Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Organics and Balsamic Pork








Yes, I've been missing in action for awhile: missed 2 checkins, even forgot to weigh in this a.m. Oops! I'll just say, June is busy. Summer is coming fast though!

Hope everyone has been doing better than I with staying on track. I've been gaining pounds rather than shedding, but I have been building some muscle keeping up with my exercise: boot camp and running. I ran a hilly 5K race yesterday. I felt good. My back has been cooperating, too. Yeah!

I haven't tried any new recipes lately- well until today! :) We didn't have any extra activities (other than a trip to the library), so I tried a new recipe from the new Clean Eating magazine: Balsamic-Marinated Pork Chops & Grilled Peaches.

The chops were very tasty and easy. Even dh, our non-pork lover, liked it. My peaches weren't ripe enough (I just bought them after work), so I'd really like to try it again with juicy, ripe local peaches when they are in season. Mmmmmm...

Yesterday was my first summer organic box, and I was excited that I got some rubarb. I'm going to try the rubarb raspberry pie from the new Cooking Light, possibly tomorrow. I'll try to post in a timely fashion if I do. :)
-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

blendergrl said...

I was about to send out a search party... Im glad you review those recipes, I was just looking at them tonight debating adding them to this weeks menu.

Great job on the 5km race!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I saw that recipe in the magazine. I'll have to make them.

Good to see you posting again. :)