Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fish in a Coconut Tree











As Sunday is drawing to a close, I thought I might start off the week on the right track with a blog post. I'm going to get back on track this week (tracking my food and exercise, getting to bed before midnight and drinking more water. That's my plan thus far, anyway!) I'm not sure if I'll rejoin Weight Watchers- I've been contemplating it as my online membership is done, but I might go back to meetings if I can fit them into schedule. OR I might just go back to Sparks. Decisions, decisions!

In the stuff-I-actually-got-done dept., I tried a couple of new recipes from the new Cooking Light (April 2010) this weekend: Crispy Fish with Lemon Dill Sauce (5pts) and (not at the same time) Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies. (2pts) I will add links from my laptop after.

The fish was good overall. It's a source of mommy guilt that I don't prepare fish very often. I'd like to have it more often. It was a fight to get the kids to try this recipe- especially dd9, but dh and I both liked the mildness of the fish and the crispy panko coating. My favourite part though was, I have to admit, the tartar like Lemon Dill sauce. Delicous with the bits of dill pickle that I found in a HUGE bottle at Costco. (We'll be eating pickles for awhile!) I couldn't find fresh dill at the grocery though, so I used some dry. I'd like to do the recipe again with the fresh dill.

Finally, words cannot describe the deliciousness of the cookies. I'll definitely be making them again! They have just the right amount of "chewy" mixed in with the melted chocolate "gooey". Mmmmmm.... well worth the 2 points....ok, 6 points by the time they were cooling on the pan. Like I said, this week will be better!! ;)


Hope everyone has a good week! I'm going to be checking in more through the week (and catching up with people) and setting a goal for June.




Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I concur on the cookie goodness. Thanks for the snack! VW