Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Need to Salsa

I did go to boot camp yesterday morning, otherwise, I been BAD. Yesterday I ate out twice with friends- English scones with jam and cream for lunch AND an all-you-can-eat Japanese restaurant for supper. oy.

I'm also about to be a bad blogger: we're going to the US for a mini vacation (a last blast of summer before school restarts), so I won't be around for a few days.

Today, I spent the day on my butt scrapbooking, so I thought I'd share a couple of things from the past weeks. Firstly, pictured above, my new shoes from the aerobics convention. :) Aren't they pretty? I heart orange. They're for indoor use in my studio classes at boot camp AND my step aerobics classes.

I did recently do a few Cooking Light recipes that I haven't shared, so I thought I'd link one here. I made Avocado Salsa for mil's bday party (just before leaving for the aerobics convention). It was super easy, but so tasty that it made you wonder why you ever bought the bottled stuff. (Then I remembered: it's easier still just to buy it! ;)) BUT it was super easy to make this and it got rave reviews. The bottled stuff pales in comparison. I made it from my Cooking Light Complete binder recipe book under "Appetizers & Beverages", but the same recipe online suggests it accompany vegetarian chili (not mentioned in the recipe book). I'm sure it would be good with the chili. I served it to my guest with tortilla chips with a side of Sangria- also good, though maybe not as dietary. ;)

Have a good rest of your weekend everyone! See you later in the week. :)

2 comments:

Chai said...

Those shoes are quite fab in an orangy fitnessy way!

Lainie said...

Hope you're having a great time on your mini-vacay. Oh, and I totally *heart* those shoes. I'm salivating over them, in fact (OK, not literally).