Sunday, August 31, 2008

Grill Once, Eat Twice AGAIN

How is it possible that the summer is gone so fast? *sigh* I always have all these plans about things that I'm going to get done- complete house remodelling and organizing, marathon training, world peace, getting caught up in my scrapbooking (har on the last one esp)... er well. There will probably be a lot of annoying whining about tiredness on this blog this week. Sorry in advance. I need to get myself and the tots back into some kind of meaningful routine. *yawn* The word routine is making me tired.

anywhooo...enough belly-aching. I decided to try another recipe from the August Cooking Light's Grill Once, Eat Twice. I thought it was a good idea to end the summer with partial planning (and precooking) of vacation's last meal- what with all the weeping getting in the way of elaborate dinner preparation. Anyway again, you might remember, I did the salmon one last- that culminated in the salmon chipotle tacos? This time I did the flank steak set, especially since my eldest dd recently discovered that she liked steak (something we rarely have). The first menu (tonight's) was Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce. They suggest sides of black beans and yellow rice (yellow rice?), but we had bbq potatoes, corn and broccoli- all that looked super fresh (and local) at Fortinos. The steak was really good. The whole chicken loving family actually gave it unanimous thumbs up.

Not sure how the family will react to tomorrow's dinner salad (salad usually being a side, not a main course with my children anyway) as Menu Two is Steak Panzanella. I'll lyk how it goes!

2 comments:

new*me said...

sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all I want/need to do too! Thanks for squeezing in a post of your beautiful meal. It looks absolutely delicious!

Anonymous said...

That is a great article. I have only recently begun to make my own nutritional course. I did enrol on Origym's free nutrition program and I am now a qualified nutritionist. I think that grilling your food is better than anything. Really packs those nutrients as well.

https://origympersonaltrainercourses.co.uk/cpd-fitness-courses/

Check out the nutrition CPD course it could help with you future articles.

Keep up the good work.