Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter prep and a long walk in the woods







Hey all! Happy Good Friday! We had an enjoyable day off work. We had a relaxed morning (though dd woke us up around 6 am crawling in). I caught up on some blog reading, made muffins (the Pumpkin Pie Spice ones again) and tidied (for Easter company coming).

In making the muffins, I realized, just as I was putting them into the oven, that I forgot to put in the vanilla. ugh! don't you hate that? assuming it happens to anyone else other than me? I had to scoop all the batter out (luckily this batter is NOT runny in the least), stir in the vanilla and re-spoon into the cleaned muffin tins. We ate them steaming hot from the oven, so it was all worth it in the end. ;)

In my other "fitness" news, I got my friend Karin to come with me on a walk through the conservation area near us. I turned on my Nike Ipod app sensor thingy and we ended up walking almost 5 K. The best part (worst part?) of the conservation area trails is that they are super hilly, so good quad work in there, too. It was a beautiful day to be outside- rather than on my basement treadmill. Something about the sunny spring weather to lift the spirits, eh?

Still have to do my menu planning for Easter dinner. Tomorrow, I guess, I plan AND shop.

Have a nice Easter, everyone! Watch out for those beady eyed chocolate bunnies...they can bite back! ;) (I plan to bite one first- just one bite though, possibly two.)



4 comments:

Kelly said...

I LOVE walking in the woods. To me that'sso much better than a treadmill or any workout video. I can go much longer because it's fun. :)

have a great easter. be careful of those bunnies, they like to hang around the hips. ha!

ani pesto said...

Oh yes, happens to me all the time - and normally it's a vital taste or consistency changing ingredient :$

Thanks for linking to the banana cake recipe, I'll be sure to let you know when I try it out. Really must try those pumpkin muffins too.

Happy Easter xx

Cammy said...

Happy Easter to you and your family! Enjoy that one (or possibly two) bites of the bunny! :)

JanetM97 said...

LOL. Thanks girlfriends!

Have a nice Easter, too!