Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter prep and a long walk in the woods







Hey all! Happy Good Friday! We had an enjoyable day off work. We had a relaxed morning (though dd woke us up around 6 am crawling in). I caught up on some blog reading, made muffins (the Pumpkin Pie Spice ones again) and tidied (for Easter company coming).

In making the muffins, I realized, just as I was putting them into the oven, that I forgot to put in the vanilla. ugh! don't you hate that? assuming it happens to anyone else other than me? I had to scoop all the batter out (luckily this batter is NOT runny in the least), stir in the vanilla and re-spoon into the cleaned muffin tins. We ate them steaming hot from the oven, so it was all worth it in the end. ;)

In my other "fitness" news, I got my friend Karin to come with me on a walk through the conservation area near us. I turned on my Nike Ipod app sensor thingy and we ended up walking almost 5 K. The best part (worst part?) of the conservation area trails is that they are super hilly, so good quad work in there, too. It was a beautiful day to be outside- rather than on my basement treadmill. Something about the sunny spring weather to lift the spirits, eh?

Still have to do my menu planning for Easter dinner. Tomorrow, I guess, I plan AND shop.

Have a nice Easter, everyone! Watch out for those beady eyed chocolate bunnies...they can bite back! ;) (I plan to bite one first- just one bite though, possibly two.)



4 comments:

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I LOVE walking in the woods. To me that'sso much better than a treadmill or any workout video. I can go much longer because it's fun. :)

have a great easter. be careful of those bunnies, they like to hang around the hips. ha!

ani pesto said...

Oh yes, happens to me all the time - and normally it's a vital taste or consistency changing ingredient :$

Thanks for linking to the banana cake recipe, I'll be sure to let you know when I try it out. Really must try those pumpkin muffins too.

Happy Easter xx

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Happy Easter to you and your family! Enjoy that one (or possibly two) bites of the bunny! :)

JanetM97 said...

LOL. Thanks girlfriends!

Have a nice Easter, too!