Saturday, July 5, 2008

Third in the kebab series

Last night we had a third Kebab recipe from Cooking Light (July 2008)- the Italian Herbed Shrimp Kebabs with tomato bruschetta and grilled asparagus on the side. Dh- my head bbqer- has definitely improved his skills on the BBQ, but things like shrimp freak him out and he always choices the side of cooking longer than necessary "just in case," so the shrimp were tasty, but little chewy. I, also, think that I would grill the zucchini separately next time. Most of them didn't "look" very grilled. I think the largeness of the shrimp kept them from touching the bars of the grill. They were "cooked" enough to eat, however.

The bruschetta, which looks kind of crazy in this picture, was super tasty. This is the recipe (since it doesn't show up on line as it's a sidebar in the magazine).

Tomato bruschetta
Grill 4 slices of sourdough bread (1min each side)
Rub one side of each slice with a cut clove of garlic.
Combine 3/4c of chopped tomato, 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp balsamatic vinegar, 2 tsp olive oil; 1/4 tsp salt.
Top each bread slice with 3 tbsp of tomato mixture.

On a personal note, I might not be blogging for a little while. I am off to my parents for a few days and I'm not sure if their Internet is up and running. I will try to check in. My dad is in the hospital. He was diagnosed awhile ago with lewey body and he now has double pneumonia. My mom called last night and I need to be there with her. Say a little prayer for my dad.

2 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Thinking good thoughts for you and your family...

JanetM97 said...

Thanks Cammy! :)