Monday, September 29, 2008

Cupcakes Cooking Light Style

Hey blogging homegirls! I survived the second bday sleepover party for the second weekend in a row and have come up relatively unscathed (though up 2 pounds as of this morning- oops! Hopefully, it dips back down by Wednesday wi! The party (movie premiere style) went well and I got lots of cute pictures (to supplement my other hobby: scrapbooking). :)

On Sunday, we had the family party for nearby relatives. I made two batches of different Cooking Light cupcakes. The ones pictured above are Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. The second were Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting. ( both 5pts ) They were both good, but I'd have to say that the banana ones were my favourite. The icing for both was actually similar- made with fruit powder sugar and cream cheese. It's pretty sweet, but good WITH the cake part. ( Can't imagine eating it by itself- kwim? ) Anyway, I'd make them both again.
I had a really good boot camp work out after work. We had an intense warm up with the rope ladder on the floor. The girls who do the boot camp are- as I've said before- pretty sporty types- like the play league soccer and beat teams in their 20s kind of girls. They really push themselves, so when you are running in a line over a rope ladder, you hustle a bit. The session wrapped up with 3 continuous circuits in alternating rooms- so it was pretty intense, too.
Hope everyone else is doing well! I hope things are ok with Wendy who has disappeared. That's the bad thing about the internet: losing track of how people are since you don't know them in "real life!"

4 comments:

Lainie said...

Yum. Cupcakes. Thanks for the recipe links--those could come in handy with my little boys.

blendergrl said...

mmmm those look really good. Glad the parties went well. I am inspired by your boot camp stories - I am going to sign up for one in the new year (as soon as I hit onederland!)

I have been wondering about Wendy as well - hopefully everything is ok!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Those cupcakes look yummy!

That bootcamp sounds tough. Kudos to you for sticking it out!

JanetM97 said...

Thanks girls! Off to check out some HYC checkins shortly. :)