Monday, September 29, 2008

Cupcakes Cooking Light Style

Hey blogging homegirls! I survived the second bday sleepover party for the second weekend in a row and have come up relatively unscathed (though up 2 pounds as of this morning- oops! Hopefully, it dips back down by Wednesday wi! The party (movie premiere style) went well and I got lots of cute pictures (to supplement my other hobby: scrapbooking). :)

On Sunday, we had the family party for nearby relatives. I made two batches of different Cooking Light cupcakes. The ones pictured above are Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. The second were Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting. ( both 5pts ) They were both good, but I'd have to say that the banana ones were my favourite. The icing for both was actually similar- made with fruit powder sugar and cream cheese. It's pretty sweet, but good WITH the cake part. ( Can't imagine eating it by itself- kwim? ) Anyway, I'd make them both again.
I had a really good boot camp work out after work. We had an intense warm up with the rope ladder on the floor. The girls who do the boot camp are- as I've said before- pretty sporty types- like the play league soccer and beat teams in their 20s kind of girls. They really push themselves, so when you are running in a line over a rope ladder, you hustle a bit. The session wrapped up with 3 continuous circuits in alternating rooms- so it was pretty intense, too.
Hope everyone else is doing well! I hope things are ok with Wendy who has disappeared. That's the bad thing about the internet: losing track of how people are since you don't know them in "real life!"

4 comments:

Lainie said...

Yum. Cupcakes. Thanks for the recipe links--those could come in handy with my little boys.

blendergrl said...

mmmm those look really good. Glad the parties went well. I am inspired by your boot camp stories - I am going to sign up for one in the new year (as soon as I hit onederland!)

I have been wondering about Wendy as well - hopefully everything is ok!

Cammy said...

Those cupcakes look yummy!

That bootcamp sounds tough. Kudos to you for sticking it out!

JanetM97 said...

Thanks girls! Off to check out some HYC checkins shortly. :)