Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Having the Touch and HYC Check-in


Since I don't have a recipe share, I thought I'd share some pictures of my new, prettiest fitness toy: my iPod Touch. It's very cool- like having a tiny, portable computer. I'm kind of addicted to downloading Apps for it- sometimes under the covers late at night. (I know! step away from the Touch! ;)) Many of them are fitness related. Many of them are free, some are 99c or more- like the one for Twitter- ergo my new Twitter spot that I'm trying out on the blog.

Remember, anyone, when I bought my Nike bracelet and shoe insert for tracking all my runs way back when? and then the trouble I was having with it? I couldn't see the screen that well the ONE time I went out? since it was kinda dark? *blush* Annnnyyway, the shoe sensor works automatically with the Touch. woo hoo! and the screen is much easier to see- as you can see here!

I ran around with my running shoes on in the house last night to get it going. It's very cool. You can set your music with the run, too, of course. side note: Music makes all the difference to me when working out. (much of working out is a mind game, eh? I need distractions from my suffering- plus, there are always those tunes that get you Pumped Up Real Good- if you kwim. In setting up this App, you have to pick the one song that is your "go for broke" song. Kind of fun. I had a hard time deciding.)

In weight loss news, I was down one pound this week. Seeing how it's a certain time of fluctuating weight (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) it's great that I'm showing a pound down. I SHOULD be down more next week- especially if I (1) drink more water, (2) get the Pox out of my house so I can make plans for outside fitness and (3) get that gym membership settled... or get out in the snow with my Touch.

Hope everyone had a great week!

8 comments:

Karin said...

So I'm not the only one who leaves her Touch beside the bed at night? I'm still interested in the gym thing by the way:).

JanetM97 said...

That's great, Karin! I'll lyk what I find out. :)

ani pesto said...

Any pound in the right direction is all good :-)

Thanks for popping by my blog, I'm so glad you did, I'll be back here for your recipes for sure. First thing I see - a pesto lasagne (funny how I'd zone in on that one) AND pumpkin muffins... yummmm!

JanetM97 said...

Thanks Ani Pesto! I was kind of drawn to your name ala "pesto", too. mmmm...pesto. :)

Diana said...

I hear you on the needing distractions! I totally need the reward during the torture ;)

Man! I had just talked me and the hubby out of the ipod touch. I think we may be taking a trip to the store soon now! lol. I fall in love with them more and more everytime I see them or hear about them!

new*me said...

very, very cool toy! Good job with the lb lost :)

KrisR said...

ewwww.....that looks like a fun toy to have!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Cognrats on the pound. Here's hoping that pox thing goes somewhere else!