Monday, February 16, 2009

Skating and Soup: Family Day Extravaganza


Well, I have to finish this post and THEN the Extravaganza may start. Oh! and get the kids out of their pjs and dressed, too. :P Anyway, what better way to spend Family Day then get a little family activity it, eh? My bod desperately needs some activity, too and way less food. This weekend has been very nice, but kind of food-filled. Not reckless eating, mostly healthy stuff, but over the normal points eating.

Anyway, I made a new soup last night from Eat, Shrink & Be Merry: Gourdian Angel, a pumpkin, carrot, apple soup. It was very, VERY delicious. I loved it. We had it with those million dollar ACE bakery crackers. mmmmm...!

Bad News: none of my children liked it, dh included. :P

dh wasn't fussy on one of the spices in it: maybe the curry? the cumin? the garlic? The man is super hard to cook for in general, so don't like his review dissuade you from trying it, if you were considering it. har. As for my children, they ate a surprising amount of it- for them- so I think we're going to work on more soups (and flavours) like this. dh got on board with the whole "good for you" thing, when I brought it up. He likes to go on about stuff like broccoli and blueberries to them when we're eating them. So, maybe I can fit this soup in again on that angle, cause it really is tasty. Think they'll enjoy a bowl after skating? I'll have chicken noodle on standby just. in. case.

Have a nice, healthy food and exercise filled day- hopefully, like us! :)

2 comments:

Karin said...

It looks so good! I can guarantee two out of four of us would like it, possibly three. I might have to try it sometime!

Hope you had a wonderful family day and thanks for the birthday wishes!

new*me said...

I'm hungry! Do you ever want to eat but DON'T want to cook......it's one of those weeks ;)