Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HYC Check-in and Buttermilk Chicken


Second week on program and with 2 and a bit more pounds down (unofficially- wi is still not till tomorrow a.m.), I'm back to where I was before my crazed Christmas eating. From here I still have about six pounds to go *sigh* to where I was at my lowest summer weight (before my trip to the Gaspe). Sooo....I'm still backtracking, but I'm feeling good and in the weight loss zone. Here's to no yo-yoing in 2009! ie just going in ONE direction toward G.O.A.L.! :)

The dish pictured above was from the Cooking Light (Jan/Feb 2009) article on the takeout foods (mentioned in my last blog). It's Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken. It called for a side of tasty sounding coleslaw, but my grocery was out of precut coleslaw, so I just made a tossed salad instead. Anyway, I REALLY liked the chicken. My picture doesn't do it justice. The covering on my piece slipped off ( I gave the family the better crusted pieces apparently ), so I perched it back on there for the pic. I guess I have had boneless grilled ( on the stove top with a grill pan ) so much lately, that this seemed like a special treat. Or maybe I just like everything made with buttermilk?! :) The whole family gave this chicken a thumbs up- though dh made a disgruntled comment about the fact there were bones in it. (See note above about us always having boneless) :P

Hope all my HYC-ers had a great check-in and congrats to all my American blogger friends for a moving presidential inauguration. :)

3 comments:

SeaShore said...

Thanks for the link to the recipe - it looks good. I think I'll try it with boneless chicken, though ;)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You're headed in the right direction now, and that's what matters most!

Thanks for the chicken recipe. I've been wanting "crusty chicken" without the greasiness of fried.

Alex said...

Sounds yummy and congrats on the weight loss!