Sunday, January 11, 2009

recipe Sunday: biscuits and shrimp







It was a nice lazy Sunday in my part of the world. We mainly stayed indoors, though littlest dd went to skating lessons at one point and I HAD to go to the store to get some grocery supplies ( though I tried hard not go by trying to use what I had already. ) I was done in by a lack of green vegetables and mommy guilt. :P

For part of our lunch, we had buttermilk biscuits- 2 points a biscuit. I found the recipe in my Cooking Light Complete binder. The daughters both helped me and they were a hit with everyone including the daughter who said she wouldn't like them. Strangely, I couldn't find the recipe on the Cooking Light site. It seems especially weird since it's listed as an "All Time Favorite" in the book. Anyway, if anyone really wants the recipe, lmk and I'll type it out. ( My lazy Sunday continues, but I could do it on Monday. ;)) Anyway, it's pretty close to this one. The one I used just suggested a drizzle of honey over them, which I tried and was quite delicious.

The shrimp recipe I found in the new Cooking Light magazine ( Jan/Feb 2009 )- motivated by the fact that I had a bag of shrimp left over from New Year's eve. Stir-Fried Shrimp with Garlic and Chile Sauce works out to 3 points a half cup serving. I really loved this recipe. Actually, this whole issue looks like a really good one, even the exercise section looks especially good for me (featuring the body bar and the Bosu ball, which I have underused in my stash).

Anyway...back to the recipe, the only changes I made was in using already cooked (frozen) shrimp which I defrosted and then added just after the sauce started to thicken and the replacing of the rice wine with some I had on hand. Another glass in hand completed a tasty meal! :)

3 comments:

new*me said...

i get that magazine thanks to a subscription from my mom for Christmas.......she is so there for me on this journey.

Those biscuits looks so yummy!

JanetM97 said...

Thanks Annette! sounds like you have a good mom- just like yourself. :)

Alex said...

The shrimp sounds awesome!