Sunday, January 25, 2009

a new Crockpot and Pumpkin Scones




Guess who just got a new crock pot? Yes, kinda ashamed to admit that this is my FIRST crockpot ever, too. (OK, moving quickly away from the guilt, Fig. ;)) I've contemplated one many times, but this month's Cooking Light chili recipe- shown on the cover, put me over the edge. I'm just about to serve the chili, so I'll lyk how it turns out. There were some ingredients that I couldn't find. (I hate that!) Anyway, now I'm going to be on the lookout for lots of crock pot recipes. lmk if you guys have any you love. :)

Anyway, I made these Pumpkin-Parmesan Scones this weekend. They were good, but a little high on the pointage for a small piece (3 points a piece). Youngest dd really liked them with grandma's homemade strawberry jam. I had mine straight up with a bit o' butter.

The only change I made to the recipe was omitting the pumpkin seeds. I love how they look in the CL picture, but I couldn't find them at the grocery store.

We had a nice afternoon with a family celebration of dh's bday. Our bil actually rented a locale skating rink and we had an hour of ice time to skate just by ourselves. It was very cool! dh was like a little kid. He ran out to Canadian Tire to buy hockey sticks and everything. :)

5 comments:

Karin said...

Can't wait to hear the chili review my friend!

Thanks for the fun day yesterday, I needed it! We have to do it again soon.

JanetM97 said...

Definitely! I had a great time, too! :)

SeaShore said...

Enjoy your new crockpot. Nothing like coming home to a pot of chili on a chilly day! (Or a pot of stew, or pulled pork, or beans, etc.) Have you been to http://crockpot365.blogspot.com ? She used her slow cookers everyday last year.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Mmmm, chili! Let us know how it turns out!

new*me said...

happy birthday to your dh!

Mmmm....chili! And I LOVE scones but pumpkin ones sounds decadent :)