Monday, January 12, 2009

HYC Check-in, Cake and a Rose

I did pretty well this week, though I've used up all my flex points (eep!) and Wednesdays not here yet. It's amazing how your body gets so quickly used to having more calories. I was HUNGRY this week at times! I haven't had that feeling for awhile. I do feel so much better already though- feeling more in control and better all 'round. (while still roundish)

I did boot camp again today after work. It was a good workout over all. Our new trainer has cut our time down to 45 mins, but he also really cut down on rest time between exercises and is making us hustle quite a bit- so I'm not noticing the missing 15 mins so much. I wish he'd get a stop watch though- he doesn't time the stations well, so at some stations it seems like you are there forEVER, while others are super short. It's kind of annoying. :P Today we alternated between workout rooms- doing some mat work in one room and in the other, ran through a circuit 4 times.

In another NSV, at East Side Mario's tonight, I actually passed on my favourite ( crazy high fat ) dish ( Firecracker Shrimp ) and got one (Seafood Linguine) that was somewhat reasonable on the point scale AND then I stuck to eating half of it. My visiting mother took us out to dinner for her last night with us- ergo the Monday night trip to a restaurant.

Finally, a quick recipe share. The cakes pictured above are the ones I made for my Christmas party. The one in the very back and to the left was from the December issue of Cooking Light and it was very good. ( OK, the Devil's Food Layer Cake with Peppermint Frosting from Bon Appetit magazine was kinda tasty, too. ) Anyway, the CL cake was Ginger Pumpkin Cheesecake and a slice will cost you a mere 4 points. ...The Devil's Food layer cake's points, well, we won't go there...

p.s. I'd mentioned that someone in my family (related by marriage) was going on a reality show. Well, The Bachelor has started, care to guess who she is? ( That is if anyone has watched the new Bachelor. )

4 comments:

carla said...

IMO you should get a SASH and a bouquet of your fave flowers for passing on a dish you love.

thats a huge victory in my eyes.

(runs to tivo the bachelor)

MizFit

JanetM97 said...

lol! thanks Carla! :)

new*me said...

oooohhhh............now I'm going to watch!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Way to go! Keep making healthy choices, you are doing an awesome job.
Path to Health