Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sometimes "F" is good: fish, falafel and four pounds!



Too bad it's not (F)riday, to fit the topic.

I was a bit under the weather today (a bit of the flu?), but still jazzed by a 4.4 pound loss on my offical wi Wednesday! woo hoo! I'm getting closer to the 150s again. Maybe a couple of weeks more? or 3?

I tried two more Cooking Light recipes from the new issue. First, last night we had fish (I've been meaning to add some more fish into our diet- we hardly ever have it), Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia with Tomatillo Salsa. I couldn't find canned tomatillo, so I just used regular canned tomatos (not sure if that was super wrong or not- I hadn't looked it up on the internet for a replacement). The girls always complain about eating their "fishy friends," but I thought it was pretty tasty and mild. I liked the salsa on the side, too. I'll have to look for the right "tomatillo" can next time.

I really loved tonight's recipe Falafel Pitas. I just made it for dh and I, so I have leftovers for tomorrow. yeah! I enjoy having falafels when dining out, but I've never made them at home. The recipe was pretty easy, though I had problems with getting the mixture "smooth" even after running it through the blender AND my mini food processor. I finally scraped it into a bowl and mashed it with a fork. (earning a couple mini APs? no?)

The recipe calls for quite a bit of olive oil, but the patties cooked up very well- and us ww ladies do need our olive oil servings, right? :) This dish was NOT dh's kind of food (Mr. Pretty Bland), but he did say it wasn't the worst thing he'd eaten. High praise, indeed. (I still really recommend trying them, if it's your kind of thing.)

5 comments:

blendergrl said...

Congratulations, what a fantastic loss! I have never made falafel at home either but like to order it when we go out. I think I will give this a try too.

Becky Fyfe said...

Congratulations on such a great loss!

And those falafel pitas look yummy!

carla said...

woooohooo.

*F*antastic.

and I love falafel but never bother to make it for some reason...gonna give this a (f)try.

JanetM97 said...

Thanks ladies! :) lmk if you enjoy the falafels.

There were mixed reviews over at Cooking Light. Some people complained of super wet "batter" (or whatever you'd call it :P), while mine was the opposite. Wonder if it was the chick peas I used?

new*me said...

that is an amazing loss! I love fish and now I'm off to defrost some for dinner!