Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Food Find (enjoyed by me anyway)


It's a nice summery day out there and I'm down an official five pounds down! Woo hoo!
Anywhoooo...I discovered this tasty ham at the A&P that has a bacon-ny flavour which I very much enjoyed (and it's only 50 cals for 3 pieces).
It's called "Better Than Bacon" and it's by Piller. It's perfect for those times when you want bacon, but don't want to spend the points for it. (This only costs you 1.) I followed the package directions and cooked it for a bit (4-5mins) in a non-stick pan, so it looked browner than the picture shown here.
I should mention that my fussy dh NOT enjoy it, but my fussy children thought it was ok, overall. I put it in a wrap last night with scrambled eggs, greens, olives, tomato, avocado and low fat mayo. I lurved it!

1 comment:

cdndyme said...

mmmm
I found a fat free turkey bacon in the states, that tastes good and is also only 1 point for 3 slices.
I know it is not the same as real bacon, but it is a GREAT substitute!
CONGRATS on the 5 pounds.
WAY TO GO!!!