I got a message on my answering machine that the Wii Fit is available for pick up on Tuesday! (a little birdie asked me the other day if I knew about it coming out...the answer is YES!) Ever since my friend Karin mentioned that it was coming out I've been looking forward to it. Plus, I've been getting all the Nintendo emails (dork, I know), picking up pamphlets, reading reviews and getting more excited.
Why I'm excited about it?
(1) I love anything that seems like it might spice up my exercise routine. Boredom is the enemy.
(2) I'd like to incorporate some yoga moves into my workouts since my core muscles are what I REALLY need to work. I feel like I'm so much less flexible than I used to be AND I'd like to work on my balance. I'm very tippy when stretching out the quad muscle. kwim?
(3) I like that it has the BMI built in and shows your progression (hopefully) in decreasing your numbers. That is likely to keep me working at it.
(4) I'd like to work at improving pushups (I'm terrible at them) and adding other strength moves into my workout and this "game" has a section on that.
(5) It looks like a step and I'm all about the step aerobics.
(6) I also love to shop. I admit it: I'm a shopper. It's new and shiny and I'd like to own it. ;)
What I'm concerned about.
(1) Ok, you know you're getting old when you are worrying about your feet, BUT I don't like working out without my shoes on and all the pics and videos with this board show people without their shoes on. I feel ok about doing the yoga parts without, but anything impact-y, I need my shoes! (I do Dance Rev with my shoes on, btw.)
(2) I'm not sure about how accurate the BMI stuff will be (if it can ever be accurate anyway outside a huge lab with tubs of water- possibly in outer space- that apparently, accurately measure your BMI rate) ...and will the scale be accurate? Seems crazy that something from a video store could be. (I guess at least all the ww people will "know" where they are from their usual wi, but it will bug me if the numbers are really off...unless they are lower than my calculations. har.)
(3) I also do not want my kids stressing about their weight and body fat percentages. (Our local paper just did an article on the Wii Fit in this regard.) My kids will want to play it though. I wonder if you can play without registering your weight/bmi results? Hopefully!
I'll post and lyk how I like the Wii Fit after I try it out! Gotta love a new toy! :)