Thursday, June 12, 2008

Deep Thoughts at Bedtime



I had a nice time at my work party yesterday and survived without falling face first (mouth open) into the Chinese food. I took a little bit of everything (probably, the highest in points was the orange-beef that this particular place does in a spicy way that I love) and just enjoyed eating it. I knew I was only having one plate, so I took my time and just enjoyed everything. kwim?

I found that by the end, by taking my time and all, that I WAS full enough and I didn't have to eat the dessert squares (that looked really good and were from this amazing little bakery in the town that I live in). I wasn't even tempted. I think part of it was knowing that I'd have to track them and I could get more "bang for my point buck" if I had some frozen yogurt or something at home, but part of it was just not mindless eating like I usually would do at a party.

I will never stop loving food. I know that about myself. I think I actually enjoy food MORE when I'm being conscious of what I'm eating and appreciating it. I could have had a delicious square and tracked it if I wanted, but that delicious square wasn't the boss of me. "Take THAT, delicious square!"

5 comments:

cdndyme said...

hahahaha
you cracked me up with your commentary about the square!
Good for you!
It's interesting to be completely aware of the food we consume.
I adore food! Heck I spent A LOT of money to get the figure I have today. LMAO so I totally get your feelings about having a love for food and conquering the power it HAD on you.

Anonymous said...

That's great that you ate mindfully at the party and was able to have a non-emotive dialogue with yourself about whether you really wanted the dessert or not. I can relate with your love of Chinese food, it's my favourite cuisine.

Losing 10 pounds is a big achievement too - has that equated to losing a dess size?

blendergrl said...

Good job at the party! I have never really been swayed by sweets but ginger beef... that would require all my strength!

Girl with a Problem said...

Way to go on the success at the buffet - sounds like you did a great job.

I really like your blog. It's visually appealing and I enjoy your writing style.

Welcome to the HYC community!

JanetM97 said...

Thanks for the comments! I have a gazillion things to do today. Might not post till tomorrow. Have a great skinny day everyone! :)