Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday Night's All Right for Eating 2


I had a nice Saturday that reached a crescendo of niceness with a dinner from the new (June) Cooking Light on our patio with a cold glass Rickard's White beer with orange slices. delicious! :)
I took a picture of a single serving of the salad: Grilled Chicken Salad with Sweet and Spicy Dressing. You can find the actual recipe on the CL site by clicking here.
I couldn't find chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, so I used a tsp of chili sauce that I had left from a previous recipe. Not sure if that was a crazy thing to do or not, but the dressing did taste good. lol. I also used the tomatoes I had had on hand- the recipe called for 2 plum tomatoes cut up.
Dh and I really enjoyed this salad. My green-impaired children liked the chicken...and the beer was very, VERY nice. :) Did that sound like my children had beer? oops! They had milk. night!

No comments: