Monday, June 9, 2008

Why I'm too tired to exercise tonight...

I stayed up late last night to finish "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer. Anyone who enjoyed the books from her Twilight series is sure to like this one. Quel page turner, but now there is some guilt involved in taking another day off from exercise. Oh well! At least I'm not sharing a body with an alien (though if the alien could do a little cleaning and exercise here and there...) Anyway, tiredness kills my evening workouts.

I'm feeling pretty pumped about my weight loss though, since I was down a bit more today (and basically reached my June goal, partway into June). My official WI is on Wednesday, so hopefully I can be officially happy then. (so a quiet yippee for now)

I am also celebrating my cooking another new Cooking Light recipe. I'm on a roll! I did the cover pork recipe from the June issue ( Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Barbecue Sauce)
on Sunday and had left over pork (torn up and mixed up with some of the mustard sauce) on fresh whole-wheat kaiser rolls for dinner tonight. Very tasty! (to me anyway. dh has a thing against pork- even though it IS the OTHER white meat and in spite of the fact that he loves bacon which also comes from the pig, and my dds only like their foods separated so everything was on the side for their serving. They both liked the pork recipe in general though and youngest dd asked if we could "definitely have it again." So that was good news because they are worse than the harshest food critics out there usually and not afraid of letting you know that supper was horrible.

Another, final kid funny. I've trained my girls to help pack their lunch bags. I make their main sandwich or bagel, but they help out putting in the extra things. My youngest asked me today if she could get something out of my "box of American snacks." har. It's like she's been reading my blog or something.


12 comments:

Irish Mom said...

Pork as "the other white meat" always cracks me up. Thats what my sister calls it, and for some reason it makes me chuckle!! Welcome to the HYC!!

JanetM97 said...

lol! me, too! Thanks for the welcome! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to HYC!!

Felicia said...

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!!

Have a wonderful week!
*huggles*
=0)

Slenderella said...

Hi there! Welcome to HYC!

I love pork tenderloin, and that sounds like a great recipe.

Congrats on reaching your June goal already, whoo-hoo!

JanetM97 said...

Thanks for the HYC welcomes!

New2Raw said...

Hi fellow newbie,I have 50 lbs to lose....I plan on taking time in the mid afternoon to read peoples blogs....Have a great week...

New2Raw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cdndyme said...

*Step Away From Mommys Snack!*
lmao
well at least she knows quality.
;-)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'll just whisper a "yippee" too and wait for Wednesday. :) Welcome to the HYC and thanks for the pork recipe.

Shanolee said...

I like your blog. I want to try new low fat recipes, but everytime I do, all the boys grumble and complain. I will definitely keep an eye on your blog to hear your newest creations. thank you.

blendergrl said...

So I have been spending the last few days exhausting myself with my DDR... conclusion is that I am a terrible dancer but what a great workout!